You Like Me, You Really Like Me!
*We Won A Liebster Award*
I took a week off. Not very professional. But you guys - 31 days of non-stop horror film watching, writing, and illustrating wiped me out a little bit. A lot a bit. I had to watch A LOT of America's Test Kitchen and Dear Genevieve to clear my palette. I dressed up like Elvira (got that last bit of Halloween out of my system - sort of).
But I couldn't stay away too long - I have a job to do, after all.
And I was reminded of that in the most pleasant way, when Amy of Behind the Scenes Beauty nominated myself and OneCriticalBitch for a Liebster* Award! *my autocorrect really wants to change that to Lobster Award, btw.
What the heck is that, you ask? I asked the same thing! Well I was pleased to find out that it's a sweet little gift handed out by fellow bloggers to up-and-coming blogs they've found and enjoy. And better yet, it's a fantastic tool for discovering and spreading the word about new blogs across the internet - as I found out when searching for my own ten blogs to nominate.
Here's how the whole thing works in 5 EASY Rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog in your Liebster Award post. In my case, that's Amy. Thank you, much, cool girl! Do check out her fantastic lifestyle blog - it's got just the right amount of quirks.
- Copy and paste the Liebster Award badge into your post.
- Answer the 10 questions you were given when you were nominated.
- Come up with 10 questions you would like to ask of your nominees.
- Nominate 10 bloggers who have less than 200 followers, by commenting on one of their blog posts with a link to your Liebster Award post, and a short message about nominating them.
As for those 10 questions, I thought it'd be a pretty good way, after spending our first 31 posts together talking nothing but blood, gore, monsters, and various deformities, for you to get to know the real me (which, suspiciously, still involves a good deal of horror).
So here goes -
10 Answers to 10 Questions About Me:
- What’s one thing you’d like to tell your 10-year-old self? There's not a chance in hell my ten-year-old self would listen to a word I have to say. But I might start with, hey, maybe don't watch Eraserhead alone in the basement this year.
- What inspires your blogging? Great film, great art, great critics. I especially look to the work of Susan Sontag, Roger Ebert, Noel Carroll, David Bordwell, and Lotte Eisner. And lots of design and beauty blogs, too - they're gorgeous, well-curated, minimal, and incredibly valuable in their content. I like to think I'm going for that.
- If you had a time machine, where and when would you go? A future where women make up at least 50% of the American film industry. Or this Van-Halen concert.
- What are your blogging dreams? Just to be heard, man. I hope what I say can be helpful and have real value for people. I love film, I love art, and I hope I can translate that love to others, too. And of course, who wouldn't want to write about what they love for a full time job?
- Who is your favorite artist (I use the term loosely) and why? My grandmother. She sculpted. She was never famous, nor would she have wanted to be. I can't remember her ever having her work in a show, or needing that to feel validated. She was always learning and just enjoyed the creative process. I try to emulate that in everything I do.
- What are your hobbies? Watching cooking shows on PBS, singing very loudly when no one is listening, Yoga, learning the Tarot.
- What's on your daily reading list? Slate, Buzzfeed, a chapter from a novel (currently The Exorcist), and my Bloglovin' feed - so, Man Repeller, Into the Gloss, Zusterschap, and anything and everything on Acidemic.
- Favorite Film/TV show? This obviously changes by the minute, so ask again tomorrow and get a different answer. But the ones that never seem to go away - Terry Gilliam's Brazil and Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why? New Orleans. I've just got a good feeling about it.
- What’s for breakfast? Cereal, a cup of green tea, and my YouTube beauty gurus - gotta have my Batalash and Glam&Gore in the morning.
Okay, so. Now you know. Are you surprised? Bored? Totally enamored? Either way, here are 10 more blogs you should ABSOLUTELY know about.
For the Liebster (not Lobster) Award, I'm nominating:
*Note, I'm going by the number of followers on whatever platform I discovered your blog on - be that Bloglovin', Facebook, Wordpress, etc. But as long as you're cool and small(ish), I've decided it's ok to nominate you. Cool? Cool.
And for you ten, here are ten questions I'd like to ask YOU:
- What do you blog about and more importantly, why?
- What accomplishment are you most proud of?
- What do you wish you knew more about?
- Where were you born and where are you living now?
- What's your favorite movie EVER?
- Your favorite book when you were a kid?
- What's your favorite restaurant, and where is it (so I can stop by when I visit)?
- What or who inspires you most?
- Where do you see this blog thing going? Business or pleasure? Goals, dreams, aspirations?
- Got a pet peeve? Tell me all about it. I have twenty.
Can't wait to read your answers, your blogs, and see who you pick. Spread the love, lovelies!
And as for the rest of you readers, did I answer all of your burning questions? It seems like the appropriate time to tell you to GO AHEAD; ask me anything. I might just answer it.
Until the next post,